Saturday, October 31, 2009

it's halloween time!



omg! i just can not believe that my fav holiday of the year is here! this is just my favorite time to dress up and become someone else! i love changing characters and just being creative. Although this is my favorite holiday, it does mark one of the bittersweet moments of my world, and that is the remembrance of those who have passed for "dia de los muertos". one being my husbands mother, who i have never met! today would have been her 76 th birthday!




although, the kids have never met her, she still is very alive in our home. she graces us with her presence, in a photo, all the time. I don't know what it's like to lose a loved one, but i do know that this holiday, even though it's a celebrating tradition in our home. I also understand that there is some sorrow in my husbands heart for the lose he has endured.

so with that said, i'd like to pay respect to the woman that blessed me with a fine, gentleman that has the biggest heart! You did a great job ms mona!

No comments: