Friday, December 24, 2010

In the blink of an eye…





that is when….
I'll be closer to You than I've ever been
Time will fly, but until then
I'll embrace every moment I'm given
There's a reason I'm alive for a blink of an eye~ Mercy Me


on december 19, 2010, the girls, my niece and daughter, were in the carpool lane of the 405N, coming home. it had been raining a lot all day, but it was just an ordinary night! As my niece and daughter jump on the fwy, they had no idea that in 5 minutes they would be in a life altering accident that COULD HAVE taken their lives forever! up ahead one car hydroplaned out of control into the center divider, the car behind him, w/ 2 teenagers hit him...all this happening while my niece & daughter, just chilln' on the FWY, coming home from eating dinner. they both then look ahead....and see the accident approach, but at 50mph, pouring rain, dark....my niece panicked, "oh! Shit!... Savannah were going to hit the car!", slammed the breaks, and just hydroplaned into the two boys car! Savannah's put her legs to her chest in protection, held on, shut her eyes and prepared herself as quick as possible for impact! the impact was so brutal, she smacked her face into her legs.

my girl is ok! thx GOD! just really shaken up. i'm taking her today for full check~up and having an x-ray of her nose ordered.

All this, and my niece's airbags never deployed! luckily, the boys in the other car, were already out of the car, dazed from their hit! the other idiot that spun out of control, jumped the center divider onto the south side of the 405, into oncoming traffic, dodging cars, as he ran to the other side of the fwy! after making sure my daughter was ok, my niece threw her hazards on, got out of the car, to see how the others were doing. she said that the two boys were unresponsive, just standing there in the rain, & dazed when she kept asking them if they were ok! because emergency was called from the 1st accident, my niece said that moments L8R, tow trucks and CHP, were already breaking traffic to get to the scene. CHP asked my niece "hey! where's that guy going?" as that LOCO was running across the FWY!

when my niece called, my heart dropped! i could tell in her voice something was wrong! when i saw the accident from the opposite side of the fwy...my nerves kicked in & i felt trapped in my car that i couldn't get to them fast enough!

I jumped out of my car and just ran to the girls... for it seemed like an eternity.
when i saw the accident up close....i just....needed to see my daughter!
i wanted to hug her, hold her, kiss her… but emergency crew wouldn't let me get to her. they just let me see her in the ambulance, see she was ok! then i had to go back to the car & wait until they could release them to us!! CRAZY, CRAZY NIGHT!

No comments: